Welcome from GSLMU President Gabrielle Szlachta-McGinn ’21

Hi Lions!

My name is Gabrielle Szlachta-McGinn and I am the president of the Graduate Students of Loyola Marymount University (GSLMU). On behalf of GSLMU, I’d like to extend a warm welcome into the LMU community to each of you.

GSLMU is the official graduate student governance organization at LMU. Among our many roles, we advocate on behalf of graduate students both on campus and throughout our community. Our ideals, partnerships, and unique opportunities enable each of us to live up to the mission of LMU. We seek to serve all of you by creating programs that enhance the graduate student experience and promote engagement with the university through events, community service and ongoing dialogue.

Our identity is rooted in empowering graduate students, and this year, GSLMU has a lot of available opportunities for graduate students to get involved outside of the classroom. I got involved in GSLMU for several reasons; I am a Loyola Law School student and I was looking for a way to connect with students from other graduate programs and with LMU faculty and administration from the main campus, and I also wanted to join an organization that sought to support the diverse needs of graduate students because community is important to me.

I would first like to encourage all graduate students seeking to connect and get involved in GSLMU through leadership positions or networking events to access your LEO account where GSLMU will post important updates throughout the year and ask for graduate students’ input. Don’t forget to follow GSLMU on social media too!

Finally, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly. As a graduate student liaison and fierce advocate for all graduate student needs, I will work hard to make effective change happen. I am truly looking forward to supporting the personal and professional growth of all graduate students. I’d like to wish everyone the best of luck as the semester begins and I hope to meet you all soon!

Go Lions!

Sincerely,

Gabrielle Szlachta-McGinn
GSLMU President

logo-instagram