A Welcome Statement from ASLMU President Brion Dennis

LMU Community Members,

I would like to personally congratulate you on completing your first week of the 2021-22 academic year. It is exciting to see our campus so full of life after 18 months of being a separated community. I would like to echo my GSLMU counterpart and emphasize that we reflect on the importance of being in community with one another.

It is a gift that our institution is able to be fully open this fall with few restrictions. However, this gift comes with some collective responsibilities. At the basis of our Jesuit tradition, we are called to be people with and for others. In this particular moment in history, I interpret this to mean ensuring the safety of our fellow lions. We are still grappling with a global pandemic in which new science emerges every day. All that I ask is that you continue to wear your mask when you are unable to socially distance and utilize our free on-campus testing center regularly.  These two things can have a significant impact on the overall health of our campus. Additionally, resident advisors will begin enforcing the indoor mask mandate this week.

Finally, I would like to acknowledge some of the growing pains we have seen over the past week. ASLMU has heard your concerns about dining and rest assured that dining services is working diligently to fix these issues. We ask for your patience with our service workers for the time being. After all, we would not be able to operate this campus without them.

I wish you all the best of luck this year and ask that you keep your feedback coming to your student government. This will be crucial over the course of this first semester back. Feel free to follow ASLMU on Instagram to stay up to date with us.

Brion Dennis
ASLMU President

logo-instagram