A Message from the Dean of Students

Hey Lions,

Have your last two weeks been as wonderful as mine? I hope so. I am thrilled to have all of you back on the bluff. LMU is roaring back to life. As promised in my last email, I am back with another message and some important pieces of information:

1. LMU Student Conduct Code – In order for all in the LMU community to live, work, and socialize safely together, we have standards that govern behavior. Please become familiar with the LMU Community Standards.
  2. How to Report Sexual and Interpersonal Misconduct – LMU takes all allegations of sexual and interpersonal misconduct very seriously and investigates all reported incidents of sexual and interpersonal misconduct. Please report all incidents of sexual and interpersonal misconduct.
  3. Good Samaritan Policy – The safety and welfare of LMU students is my top priority and I rely on all of you to take care of your fellow Lions. Please do not let your own indiscretions cause you not to report a potentially dangerous or illegal situation.
  4. Restore LMU – Being in community with one another is a hallmark of an LMU education. Find out more about LMU’s restorative justice practices and conflict resolution. The last 18 months have certainly taught us that we can all use more creative and effective problem-solving skills.
  5. LEO – Now that you have survived the excitement and confusion of week one, it’s time to visit LEO to find student clubs and organizations, attend events, and track your involvement.

As always, please feel free to contact me or, better yet, stop by Malone 301 and say hello.

Sincerely,

Terri Mangione, Ph.D.
Dean of Students and Vice President for Student Affairs

logo-instagram